Saturday 2 June 2012

nothing to do day

Finally a day where the rain has stopped for a little while. And i have some time to actually sit down and write.
I have been so busy dealing with roommates, working and i had come down with a virus all week so i couldn't go out and really get any gardening done at all. Doesn't help that my camera was dead when i went out to take a picture of my new plants either. So I'm going to just write about a plant i have already grown, and now im waiting for the next bloom. It only blooms twice in a year the one i have. Its called amaryllis and its so beautiful(below). It was a Christmas gift from a wonderful teacher i had for Horticulture in high school. She taught me so much about plants and she is the sole reason i wanted to start a career in this field. And now i have a job at a Nursery, Level 1 Horticulture and im not stopping there.
Something i need to look into is making my own greenhouse to grow tropical trees and plants that just can't hold up in BC rains. But i guess it would good to start small and maybe just get one for inside the house to put my herbs on. It is still too cold to plant them :(

Next week im going to buy soil and the raised bed and plant my beans and lanterns. Hopefully get my tomatoes in the ground soon too.




Tip: Try plants a climbing vine to cover a fence and give it more of a decorative look and you can also look for different types that will attract beneficial insects and humming birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment